Two-step verification, also known as two-factor verification, involves submitting an additional code when you log in. We encourage all of our account holders to set up two-step verification to maximise the security of their account.
Follow these steps to secure your account with two-step verification:
- Go to the App Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone and download either the Microsoft Authenticator app or Google Authenticator, whichever you prefer. The following process works for both iOS and Android devices.
- Login to WorldFans
- Navigate to Account > Security > Two-step verification > Authenticator app and follow the on-screen prompts to add the code from your chosen authenticator app. Your six-digit code will change every 30 seconds, and you’ll need to input it into WorldFans before it expires.
- You will now be prompted to add the code from the authenticator each time you log in to WorldFans, for additional security.
- You have the option to tell WorldFans to trust your device for 30 days to bypass this additional step. We recommend that you avoid doing this on devices that others have access to.
Two-step verification is mandatory in the following scenarios on WorldFans:
- If you try to log into your account after not using it for 12 weeks.
- If you are a Creator who wants to change your registered bank details.
- If WorldFans identifies suspicious activity on your account, we may implement two-step verification to secure your account until you can log in and check the activity.